• Review of Safety Tool box meeting agenda and perform safety material positioning and preparation, diversion of traffic, etc. to ensure compliance with site safety requirements.
• Checking of work layout as per approved drawing prior to start of any work.
• Insuring that prior to any excavation, existing underground utilities marking were clearly marked depth if shallow. Monitoring machine activity to insure safe operations and prevent damage to underground utilities.
• Inspection of all material deliveries as per approved list or per approved specifications.
• Inspection of bedding compaction and level prior to underground utility installation including determination of elevation/ slopes, alignment and location for water main/ electrical and drainage works.
• Inspection of delivered concrete quality by performing slump test, air content test, taking concrete temperature then taking cylinder sample for laboratory testing to confirm compliance with approved design mix.
• Coordination with quality control site inspection (Civil, electrical and Mechanical), through project completion.
• Coordination with agency safety inspection regarding site safety implementation.
• Measurement and computation of contractor’s contract work and preparation on a daily basis of Reports for submittal to project Office Engineer.
• Coordinate and resolve with Resident Engineer problems identified on site.
• Work under the supervision of a Professional Engineer(P.E.)
Educational/Experience Requirements: Master in Civil Engineering + 3 years’ experience in related civil engineering occupations OR Bachelor in Civil Engineering + 5 years PROGRESSIVE experience in related civil engineering occupations.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday (40 hours/week)
How to apply: Submit PDF resume & Portfolio to: email@example.com
Discuss project designs and specifications for C/E projects for buildings, roads and bridges, and related construction, repair and maintenance with project management. Use AutoCAD to assemble blue prints, work charts, sketches, etc. Prepare and update project schedule using MS Project and/or Primavera; Supervise and assess staff proficiency comprised of: Construction Supervisor, construction workers, technical specialists, Jr. Engineers and administrative staffers. Prepare budget bids, proposals, payment approvals using applicable computer programs, and direct the negotiations of numerous contracts associated with the general contractor and vendors. Review technical & legal documents, such as specifications, change orders, proposals, cost estimation; Sign contract bids and decide material procurement, i.e. : cement, rebar, forms, steel, lumber and pipes and other equipment. Scrutinize construction machineries, such as cranes, backhoe, bulldozer and rollers and its cost efficiency for the construction projects.
Educational /Experience Requirements: MSCE + 3 years’ experience or BSCE + 5 years progressive experience.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday (40 hours/week)
How to apply: Mail resume and Portfolio to:
MEGA Engineering and Land Surveying, P.C.
217-44 98th Avenue
Queens Village, NY 11429
Attn: Patricia Rodriguez
Oversee the implementation of Construction Projects involving water mains, sewers, roadways and associated components. Direct and coordinate site activities on a construction project which would include advising and managing the consultant team to insure adherence to proper reporting and documentation; implementing engineering standards and procedures; monitoring construction progress; contract administration including compliance with plans/specs, quality control, safety standards; coordination, etc.; monitoring of document preparation/payments/technical issues/scheduling, etc. during all phases of work; addressing and resolving field issues; reviewing shop drawings; interfacing with all project entities; co-chairing progress and other meetings; etc. Reviewing & analyzing contracts, budgets & cost estimates. Reviewing sketches, drawings, plans, specifications & other engineering data. Preparing & reviewing reports using AutoCAD, spreadsheet (Excel) with computer programs, specifications, plans, construction schedule, for a project. Reviewing quantity & quality of materials and services.
Working Hours: 40 hours per week/Competitive Salary
Minimum Job Requirements:
B.S. Civil Engineering
Experience in construction inspection management on infrastructure construction projects (roadway/sewer/water mains)
Professional Engineer License (NYS)
Compensation based on qualifications and subject to negotiation. Please email your resume and contact information to
Mr. Gino L. Parlanti, P.E., President
Mega Engineering and Land Surveying, P.C.
Mega Engineering and Land Surveying, P.C. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to color, age, race, national origin, ancestry, disability, religion, veteran, sex, sexual orientation or marital status.